The icewine is a nicely flavored sweet wine made from frozen grapes. Perfect for a digestif because of high sugar content. Its taste is a little similar to the plum liquor (I think), though a different alcoholicity.
If you think the icewine is a bit too sweet, there are always good cocktail recipes handy.
But I think I'm going to make the jelly tomorrow.
Japanese Version 日本語訳
red grapes 1kg
sugar.....it depends, calculate from - grape juice200ml : sugar70g
1. Put the grapes and water in a large pan and boil it on a medium heat.
Let it boil until bubbling.
2. Reduce the heat but keep boiling another 1,2 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it for a while. On all this process, don't stir the grapes but you can shake the pan if nessesary.
3. Strain the grapes through the cheese cloth. Don't squeeze or the juice would become cloudy.
4. Heat juice to boiling point and skim. Add sugar. Heat it to the boiling point again. Boil 1 minute.
5. Pour into hot sterilized jars.
* This grape juice is very thick and sweet as the way it is. You can add your favorite liquid - water, soda, sparkling wine, etc. I added some club soda all this summer for myself, but toward this coming season, drink as a hot grape tea (boil it with anise and cinnamon stick - above pic) also would be nice.
Very delicious, safe to drink, easy to make!
So, what are you waiting for? Move on! :)
Japanese Version 日本語訳
500g fresh apricots, firm ones are better
200g cristal sugar
900ml white liquor
Wash the fruits carefully, and pat them to dry gently. Put all ingredients into the jar, which is sterilized in boiling water. Store the jar in a dark and cool place for 2 months at least to a year. Longer storage, better taste!
It's not only great fun making cocktail at home, but it's also very practical.
You can adjust the amount of each liquid, that means the drinks come much closer to your own taste.
I used to drink like a fish when I was young, but my body system doesn't accept hard liquor anymore and I'm getting fussier about the taste of drink ever than before. So, homemade cocktail is just ideal for me. I coated the rim of the glass with the celery salt, which is often used for Caesars too.
strawberry puree, pomegranate/blueberry juice, lime juice, vodka
I baked a loaf of rye bread today.
I like healthy bread like this, but my family really doesn't care for this kind of food. They always like junk food! Babies......
Hi,my name is noa. I was born and raised in Tokyo,Japan,and now I live in Canada with my generous husband, 2 loving sons and a puppy. I love reading, flower-arranging, shooting pictures and, baking.